Tuesday 31 January 2012

Photo-a-day January

This year I decided I needed a creative focus to stop me spending my entire maternity leave in a blur of daytime tv and aimless wandering around town. So I joined an online photography group with the aim of taking one photo a day for the year. So far I'm loving the challenge, although pretty quickly realised that on some days, especially ones revolving around poorly children, the photography was going to slide. So with the slightly adjusted aim of seven photos in seven days (so that some days I can take a spare to balance out the off days) I've completed January and here are a few of the pictures.

It's making me look at my surroundings in a whole new way, there really can be beauty (or at least an interesting shot) in the simplest things, and I'm really looking forward to starting the new month tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment