Thursday 2 February 2012

Treasure-hunting

As I walked into town this morning, the display in the window of one of the local charity shops caught my eye. In the centre was a set of vintage crockery with a pattern that I recognised. As a bit of background, my family are generally champion hoarders, bargain hunters and thrifters - especially my middle sister, who is the queen of this kind of treasure-hunting. We can't resist vintage loveliness and I realised that I recognised the pattern from my youngest sister's house. A couple of quick texts later and I was struggling home up the hill carrying six dinner plates, six bowls, six cups and saucers and a fruit bowl for my sister, all purchased for the princely sum of four pounds! I was on a bargain-induced high for the rest of the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe this is marvellous! I have the coffee pot in this pattern too don't you know, it holds my utensils!!! This high is addictive dear sister I warn you now...I'm off on the hunt in about an hour.xxxx

    ReplyDelete