Monday 6 February 2012

Daydreaming

Nearly two years ago, my sister and her husband got married in Malaysia. We all travelled out there to celebrate with them and, as a lovely by-product, had one of the best holidays we've ever had. The hotel we stayed at in Langkawi served the most amazing breakfasts, a huge buffet of an amazing range of food (including a beef rendang which is still spoken of in hushed tones by my dad), fruit juices, champagne (I really should try to include champagne in my breakfast more often, it would perk me up no end! ) great coffee and finally an amazing range of teas. These teas became a bit of an obsession. As I am my mother's daughter, I swiped as many as possible each day and squirrelled them away in my suitcase to bring home, where they went on to last us for a good few months after returning. Everytime we had one, we could pretend we were in the sunshine enjoying a champagne breakfast. But then the sad day came that the tea ran out. Bad times. But thanks to the almighty power of the internet, I managed to track down the supplier's website and we were once again, restocked. It's pricey, but as a treat, so worth it. So on miserable grey days like this

I can make myself a cup of this

and close my eyes and pretend I'm here...


No comments:

Post a Comment